Latest Office Jobs:
Transport Administrator | Wednesbury
· Reporting directly to our clients Transport Manager and supporting them in developing the site and company procedures and ensuring customer service levels remain high and site teams are managed effectively.
· This position is working Thursday - Monday, 6 hours a day (working times to be discussed during interview)
· You will be responsible for ensuring customer requirements are met and our clients company policies and procedures are followed and the day to day administration of the transport team ensuring they are managed in line with company policies and procedures.
· Responsibility for the day to day administration activities of the transport department, ensuring in house requirements are met and customer service levels are achieved
· Update transport management systems daily.
· Raising purchase orders as required.
· Ordering goods from suppliers.
· Booking vehicle maintenance and repair.
· Update wage books and answer any queries.
· Producing daily reports on equipment failures, VOR’s, on-going issues and service levels
· Identifying training needs of individuals through performance and appraisal systems and using company policies and procedures and working with the Transport Manager in managing these.
· Undertake regular vehicle licence checks to ensure competent people drive LGV vehicles.
· Ensuring that all legal requirements are adhered to with regard to tacho collection, driver hours and transport legislation and that any offences are communicated to drivers and action taken if appropriate.
· Any other duties deemed reasonable and appropriate
· To maintain a high level of system housekeeping.
· To work efficiently to agreed timescales.
· To organise, manage all paperwork and file for auditing purposes.
· To communicate with customers via telephone and/or e-mail.
· Other duties which may be reasonably required from time to time by company managers, including delegated duties during the absence of colleagues.
· Working with the fleet department to ensure defects are logged, servicing schedules are met and fleet issues are escalated as required.
· To challenge drivers on excessive hours / breaks / POA and kilometers.
· To keep accurate records of any tachograph infringements and driving license checks.
· To carry out general office duties.
· Adhere to our clients company policies and procedures, to include our clients dress code policy, standards of performance policy and health and safety policy.
· To set up drivers’ records for new starters to keep licence information.
· Ensuring Microlise and TMS are managed and monitored, making sure all information is present and correct and there is full compliance to any regulations.
· To accurately record all holidays, sickness and any other absence and ensuring the necessary records and rotas are always up to date.
Health & Safety
· To promptly report all accidents, near misses and incidents to your line manager.
· To assist in accident investigations as necessary.
· To ensure that housekeeping standards are maintained.
· To adhere to relevant site rules, QEHS policies and procedures including quality procedures, HACCP, safe systems of work and environmental controls
· To maintain high levels of site hygiene standards in accordance with our clients procedures.
· To communicate regularly with our clients customers and drivers in a clear, concise and professional manner.
· To listen carefully to instructions (to digest instructions carefully)
· To keep your manager up to date with any work issues that may affect deadlines.
· To have good communication skills and ability to liaise verbally and confidently with, management, employees and drivers.
Flexibility and Ad-Hoc:
· To be flexible to cover sickness and holidays as necessary.
· To carry out any other task that is reasonable and within your skill set as business needs dictate.
· To be flexible to work on a variety of duties as required.
· Possibility to undertake personal development as required, into transport planning and transport management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
· At Least 2 years’ office or administration experience.
· Good working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel.
· Excellent relationship building and customer facing skills
· Ability to listen to and follow instructions (digest instructions).
· Ability to work to deadlines.
· Ability to remain calm under pressure.
· A good accuracy level is essential.
· Good numeracy and literacy.